Volunteers are integral to our organization.
With the gift of time, talent and wisdom, Children’s Respite Care Center’s special children benefit from the 1:1 interaction that a volunteer can offer. Volunteers are important to the success of CRCC’s unique services as they function as positive role models offering support, encouragement and companionship to our special clientele. We feel this program provides a mutually rewarding experience for both the volunteer as well as the child.
To be eligible, volunteers must be at least 14 years of age and complete the application process and service area training. Volunteers may sign-up to assist one-time or on an on-going basis. We also have opportunities available for community groups.
On-going Opportunities at All Locations:
- Interact and assist with children in the classrooms or on field trips
- Assist teachers with preparing for future lessons (i.e. copying, cutting, pasting)
- Reading to the children
- Clean and sanitize toys, classroom furniture and adaptive equipment
- Painting, window washing and small repair projects
- Landscaping and flower bed maintenance
- Theme Respite Weekends
- Special Events for Fundraisers
- Summer Sensations Day Camp (Months of June-August)
To volunteer at Contact: